Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology (GRIET) has been contributing to environmental related awareness since many years. The activities and achievements that are progressing are:
1. Plantation: This was the first environmental awareness activity started by GRIET and we have planted around 100 plants in collaboration with Cognizant Technology Services.
2. Great Power Race: It is a clean energy competition among India, China and U.S and we stood 2nd among all the institutions from these three countries (According to scoreboard).
3. Rain water Harvesting: A rain water storage pit is planned for 1 lakh liters in our college. The funds for rainwater harvesting has been sanctioned and we are about to start it.
4. Paper waste collection program: Under this program, we have sent around 10tons of paper waste to ITC group thereby protecting/ saving around 220 trees (every ton of paper recycled indirectly saves 22 fully grown trees) from the past one year.
5. 350.ORG: In this program around 50 student volunteers at GRIET displayed their eco- friendly projects and by promoting the use of briquettes, carbon emission was tailed off and 75% of money invested on cooking was reduced.